78th Annual Meeting: 2020 virtual meeting
Tentative agenda for AES 2020 AGM:
- Voting for president (current vice-president Gaétan Moreau, to be president 2020-2021)
- Voting for regional representatives (one from each of the AES jurisdiction not represented by the president and vice-president - one would be me, according to by-laws)- we need someone from NS/NL
- Voting for vice-president (nominees wanted)
- Nomination of Regional Director to the ESC: Peggy Dixon will step down as regional director to the ESC. We have to arrange for Neil Holliday to receive the Acadian Entomological Society’s nomination to serve as ESC regional Director for 2020–2022, no later than 1 September 2020, so that they can be included in the slate of nominees. Please note that, because we must follow the process outlined above, if your society’s nomination is not received in time for the Annual Members’ Meeting, our society will not have a regional director on the ESC Board for the 2020–2021 year. Originally, I had agreed to take the role if there was no other person interested. In the past week, a member of the ESC and AES, Dr. Catherine Scott, postdoc at Hiller Lab in Acadia, has expressed her interest for the position. As such, I will remove my candidacy and let her run without opposition. The membership must vote at the AGM and we must submit our candidate soon after.
- President report
- Vice-president report
- Treasurer report
- Journal editor report
- Accepting minutes from 2019 meeting -to be drafted-
- Results of the 2020 AES AGM call for bids
- By-laws amendments - Motion to incorporate inclusion and diversity statement in by-laws, as well as actions such as scholarship, stipends, travel awards, and/or other resources to increase diversity and support racilized folks.
- Issues arising
Meeting Proceedings (2001 - 2019)
77th Annual Meeting, August 18, 2019, Fredericton Convention Centre, Fredericton, New Brunswick
2018 - no annual meeting
76th Annual Meeting, August 6-7, 2017, Rodd Charlottetown Hotel, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island.
75th Annual Meeting, June 27-29, 2016, Delta Beausejour Hotel, Moncton, New Brunswick.
72nd Annual Meeting, July 2-4, 2013, Quality Inn, Charlottetown, PEI.
71st Annual Meeting, August 15-17, 2012, Lord Beaverbrook Hotel, Fredericton, NB.
2010 - no annual meeting
65th Annual Meeting, June 19-21, 2005, Lord Beaverbrook Hotel, Fredericton, NB
63rd Annual Meeting,
in conjunction with the
Maine Entomological Society,
June 22-24, 2003
College of the Atlantic, Bar Harbor, Maine
University of Maine, Machias, Maine
61stAnnual Meeting of the
Acadian Entomological Society
August 22-24, 2001
University of P.E.I., Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island